Introducing Tara Wiltshire
Tara Wiltshire – Underwriter
We’ve recently welcomed Tara Wiltshire to the Apex Bridging team. Tara is our new Underwriter, we caught up with her a few weeks into her new role to see how she was settling in:
- What was your previous job before joining Apex?
I worked for the Nottingham Building Society, case handling mortgages from application to completion. With this experience I feel like I have a good understanding of the lending world and can transfer my skills from mortgages to bridging loans.
- Is the job/team/company what you expected?
Everybody has made me feel welcome from when I came in for my interviews to today, the company is well structured and there is a process for everything which makes learning the job much easier. Apex has gone beyond my expectations.
- Is anything about your role, the team or company still unclear?
I am still learning every day, it helps that we are a small team and there is always someone here to help or get a second opinion on.
- What are you enjoying most about your role?
The actual underwriting, researching the property, buyer and location it’s all really interesting.
- What are you enjoying least about your role?
I like to be the person who has all the answers, so still learning the do’s and don’ts of Apex is a struggle for me.
- Do you feel like you know your co-workers well?
It’s only been 3 weeks, but we all have a very similar sense of humour and I can see great friendships growing already.
- What skills do you feel you can bring to the team?
I am highly organised and can prioritise my work. I have the ability to build and maintain relationships easily, which I hope to do with new brokers!